December 05, 2012

Jon English - Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up - English History - Updated


                                                                     
                                                                         

There is more information about the group “Duck” and their album “Laid” here at Lost in Time and also at “Milesago”.
I appreciate their efforts in posting this information, so many thanks to these sites for making the information available.
My interest in it is mainly due to the fact that Jon English is singing on this track, with Bobbi Marchini, and the fact that it pre-dates “Jesus Christ Superstar”.

I have featured Jon English on my blog several times because I am a great fan of his and I always have been.  
(Again, please use the search function if you are interested.)

There is no way one can encapsulate the body of work of anyone’s life in one You Tube clip whether they are famous or not.  

This was not my intention.

In the above clip I have included some highlights of Jon’s contribution to the Australian entertainment scene: especially parts that I remember well. 

It’s a just a small part of “English History”.
 
I was fortunate enough to see Jon and his group of very talented young musicians perform in Rock Revolution in Melbourne  on  November 17th.
I am so glad I went! It was lovely to be able to meet him again after this great show.


                                                                 
                                                                
But there is more “English History” to be written.
Jon will be appearing at Sweden’s Rock Festival in 2013.

     
I still love the “Live and Rare” DVD, and there’s nothing as good as live footage which can be enjoyed again and again, so as a bonus enjoy this one - "Little By Little", which is on "Live and Rare". Backup groups were Baxter Funt and the Foster Brothers.

                                                                      
This You Tube clip uploaded by


                                                  
                                                                  
                                                                
 Some still shots from "Live and Rare".


Jon English and Baxter Funt.


                                                                          

Jon English and The Foster Brothers


Jon in The Rock Show.                                                                  

Update: Jon English rocks with Kiss in Sweden

Other songs by Jon English on this blog:

























Related: G.Wayne Thomas - Morning Of The Earth And Open Up Your Heart